In order for a VITA volunteer to prepare your tax return, you will need to bring the following information:
- Social Security Cards for all individuals to be claimed or some other official documentation -i.e. Resident Alien
- Photo ID (IDs for all filing)
- If filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign.
- All W-2 and/or 1099 forms for income received last year.
- Form 1095-A is required for you and anyone else that appears on your tax return, if they or you have Health Insurance through the Affordable Care Act Marketplace. (New!)
- Last year’s property tax receipts
- All interest paid (1098) and child care expenses. You must have a statement the daycare provider that includes the EIN or Social Security number of the provider.
- For direct deposit, you MUST have the routing number and the account number of your checking or savings account.
- Copies of the previous year’s tax return are helpful.